Applications > Safety Glass
Safety Glass is used for glazing where it may be subject to human impact. It is more commonly known as Toughened Glass, Laminated Glass or Toughened Laminated Glass.
The purpose of Safety Glass is to reduce injury, such as cutting and piercing, where human impact is likely.
Safety Glazing is classified as either Grade A or Grade B.
- Float glass is not considered Safety Glass.
- Toughened Glass and Toughened Laminated Glass is considered Grade A Safety Glass.
- Laminated Glass and Heat Strengthened Laminated Glass is considered Grade A Safety Glass.
- Vinyl/Woven Backed Glass is considered Grade A Safety Glass.
When specifying safety glass, consideration must be made to ensure it complies to AS 1288-2006 Glass in buildings – Selection and installation. In particular section 5 – Criteria for Human Impact Safety.
Tough Glass offers a variety of Safety Glass products, each with their own unique characteristics.
- Toughened Glass
- Laminated Glass
- Performance Glass (toughened and laminated)
- ToughView, ToughGuard, ToughSound, and other Custom Laminated Glass products can be produced to be considered Grade A safe.
For further information on Safety Glass and advice on which Tough Glass products would be suitable for your project, please contact our team.
Thank you to you and your team for supplying the urgent mirror to us yesterday. Your service and quality is greatly appreciated.
By providing this mirror, defect free and in such a short space of time, you have helped ensure another client gets their keys on time.
Please pass my thanks and appreciation on to your team!
- Great guys. Best service in WA. Put the so called competition to shame
- Great Service. Have not seen better service in the glass industry. Great business ethics as well. Whoever you are using as your glass supplier give these guys a shot.
- Always a pleasure to deal with, knowledgeable staff that work with you to meet deadlines and requirements. Pricing competitive with other major suppliers.
May I just say that your staff at Tough Glass are providing us with excellent service. We have never in all the years experienced such a service. I rang on Wednesday to request a couple of urgent panels for which we collected this morning. That truly is amazing!!
Everybody should use Tough Glass and I would never use anyone else regardless of pricing like some do. I don’t think we have ever received a bad piece of glass from Tough Glass either. It’s a credit to you and your staff.