Applications > Mirror Glass
Mirrors are versatile, making them a great addition to any room. Mirrors enhance perception of space, providing additional light and a modern touch. Tough Glass offer a range of mirror glass types and thicknesses. Depending on the finish you require will determine the type of mirror you choose. All of our mirrors are custom cut and processed to size, allowing a perfect fit to any area.
Common glass selections in bathroom, ensuite and powder room mirrors are listed below:
Fully Framed Mirrors:
4mm vinyl back silver is the most common selection in fully framed mirrors. In the case of the mirror breaking, the vinyl backing to the rear of the mirror will hold majority of the mirror intact. This is especially important in a wet area to reduce the risk of injury.
Depending on how the mirror is fixed will determine what type of mirror is used:
- Mirror Clips or Chrome Domes – Like fully framed mirrors, 4mm or 6mm vinyl back will often be used. The thickness will depend on the overall m2 of the mirror.
- Direct Fix – More often 4mm or 6mm standard silver mirror would be used when a mirror is directly fixed (silicone/glue fixed) to the wall. The silicone performs similar to that of vinyl backing. Given the mirror has been fixed correctly to the wall, if the glass breaks the silicone bonds the full glass mirror to the wall preventing the mirror breaking into sharp shards.
Tough Glass offer a range of tinted reflective mirror options suitable for use as splashbacks. Our toughened reflective range is different to ordinary bathroom mirrors. The glass appears a lot darker and are manufactured differently to allow toughening of the glass. If we were to toughen ordinary mirror the glass would distort (similar to funhouse/ carnival mirrors).
Available in grey or bronze tints, reflective splashbacks have become a popular choice. Please refer to our product disclaimer before selecting this option.
What is the difference between a polish edge and bevel edge? A polished edge and bevelled edge are two different types of edge finishes you can select from and are often used in frameless mirror. A polished edge is the most common selection of the two and is very neat, subtle and safe edge that is only around 2-3mm deep from the edge. A bevelled edge is a thicker border around the perimeter of the mirror and has a few options of thicknesses to choose from. See more here: https://www.toughglass.com.au/product/processing/
What is the largest mirror I can have? We can cut and process mirrors up to 2400 x 3600. Depending on the application will determine the type of mirror required. You will need to consider access and if there is enough clearance to get the mirror inside.
Can I have holes cut in to my mirror? Yes, we can process mirrors with a range of holes or cut outs to the internal of the mirror using our CNC machines. Often we receive these requests so mirrors can be installed using chrome domes, have lights connected from behind the glass or around power point outlets.
Tough Glass have the capabilities to process many shapes and sizes. We provide bevelling on straight edge shapes.
It is best practice to consult with a qualified glazier who can provide advice on selection and installation of mirrors, glass and glazing whilst ensuring regulations are met and glass safety is not compromised.
Thank you to you and your team for supplying the urgent mirror to us yesterday. Your service and quality is greatly appreciated.
By providing this mirror, defect free and in such a short space of time, you have helped ensure another client gets their keys on time.
Please pass my thanks and appreciation on to your team!
- Great guys. Best service in WA. Put the so called competition to shame
- Great Service. Have not seen better service in the glass industry. Great business ethics as well. Whoever you are using as your glass supplier give these guys a shot.
- Always a pleasure to deal with, knowledgeable staff that work with you to meet deadlines and requirements. Pricing competitive with other major suppliers.
May I just say that your staff at Tough Glass are providing us with excellent service. We have never in all the years experienced such a service. I rang on Wednesday to request a couple of urgent panels for which we collected this morning. That truly is amazing!!
Everybody should use Tough Glass and I would never use anyone else regardless of pricing like some do. I don’t think we have ever received a bad piece of glass from Tough Glass either. It’s a credit to you and your staff.